Thursday, February 16, 2012

Santorum Speeks to Oklahoma

Going to the Rick Santorum rally in Oklahoma City was great. The crowd was large, at least a thousand people. Standing room only. Everyone was excited to see him. An man with a large camera came beside me and wanted to put up his tripod. He said he was a freelance photographer. That day he was working for NBC. I told him he might as well go home. We don't watch NBC. That was a tiny bit of a stretch but it got across my negative opinion of the news media. After the event was over I saw another man talking to the camera man and I asked him if he were with NBC and he answered in the affirmative. I told him he might as well go home, we don't watch NBC. His eyes got rather large and he said well someone does. I told him, "We don't." I'd be happy if I could influence the news media the way they try to influence the watching public. I have been boycotting the evening national news. Why? Because they have been manipulating and brainwashing the American public for far too many years. You can count on them not telling the important news of the day. So why bother? They are only there to promote a progressive ideology. Dinner time is now much more digestible because I don't have to stomach their agenda. I like Rick Santorum because he isn't a rock star, a superman, a rip snort, one-up-you if you dare say anything disparaging. He's a normal guy with the same problems millions of the rest of us have. That makes him more likely to be on my side on most issues. He's not super handsome, and not ugly. He's not wealthy and that gives me a little comfort that he won't be able to pay off the media or anyone else. That's a good thing. I think he is basically a good guy and would make a great president.

No comments:

Post a Comment