Sunday, February 26, 2012

Crying Children

Today I went to buy balloons for my friend's daughter. Several years ago my friend's X-husband died when their daughter was very younger. He died at 34 years of age. Don't remember what his illness was but it was very sudden and he didn't live long after he became ill. Now years later his daughter is experiencing a lot of grief and crying for her father. She wanted to have a Mass to remember her father but neither the mother nor the daughter are Catholic. When he died his wife at the time had a Mass for him. I suggested to the my friend that we buy flowers and balloons, go to the cemetery and have a small ceremony for him. I bought heart shape balloons that say, "I Love You," and star shaped balloons. I bought eight balloons for some reason. No particular reason. Now I'm wondering if it has been eight years since his death. I really don't remember. I'll feel a little strange if it has been eight years. After packing the inflated balloons in the back seat of the car I drove to Sam's.

Sam's is a big box store where you need to be a member to save money. Sam's sells things in bulk. I know I save money buying there but that's not what I wanted to share right now. While waiting in line to check out I heard a little boy crying. I jerked my head around and saw a little boy in pain. Leaning over him was a man who may have been his dad. I could tell this child was really in pain and not just having a fit like some children do at the check out stand. The man acted like he hadn't done anything to hurt the child. Made me sick. I continued to watch and then the woman went over to where the man and the child were and they started to inspect the boy's tee-shirt. I saw noting wrong with his tee-shirt but I would have liked to see under that tee-shirt. I have a feeling there may have been a very big story there. I watched and the woman, who may have been his mother, took the boys hands and showed him how to box the man. Playing of course. I looked into the faces of this man and woman and saw a young couple, thin, with mean eyes. I didn't see compassion or caring in those eyes. The woman looked mean. The man didn't look like someone I'd want my grandsons to have a as a father.

I started praying for those two boys. Oh, there was another boy. He was older and his face looked sort of dead. No innocent shining eyes, no light in his expressions, no cheerfulness. His coloring looked pale and yellow. I feel sure these "adults", "parents" take drugs. Now, I'll probably see them at church tomorrow. I'd be okay with feeling bad for judging them. I'd even ask God for forgiveness if I were wrong. I just pray I don't see them on the news having been put in jail for child abuse or worse. I keep crying for these children. Tonight I watched television until I can't stand it anymore because I cry every time I think of the possibility these children are being abused or worse. I wanted to escape reality. I need to be in bed but I cry for these children and pray for them constantly. I'm so sick of people hurting little children. I got spanked as a child but I nearly always had done something I wasn't supposed to have done. My parents warned me first and then if I continued disobeying I'd pay with a belt to the backside. But now days people are beating their children, even killing them.

What is wrong with people? I think the Bible says it very well: Matthew 24:12

New International Version (©1984) Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold,

New Living Translation (©2007) Sin will be rampant everywhere, and the love of many will grow cold.

English Standard Version (©2001) And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold.

New American Standard Bible (©1995) "Because lawlessness is increased, most people's love will grow cold.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.) And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

My prayer is God protect these and all little children from cruel parents or any cruel person. I pray that God gives the parents unconditional love for their children. I'm hoping that more people will pray for all innocent children every where.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.) But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003) But whoever shall offend one of these little ones who believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

American King James Version But whoever shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

God, please hear our prayers!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment