Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Travel Takes Time



I have been away from my computer and therefore away from blogging for the last two to three months. I was driving to a small town close-by in order to watch my grandsons. In other words, I was baby sitting. Baby sitting is not really accurate because of their ages, 12 and 9 years. I drove about 11.77 miles one way each day. Adding it all up I drove 23.54 miles each day or 117.7 miles a week. That is of course if I didn't take the boys to a movie, or bowling, or to see a the Express Clydesdale Horse Ranch.


I cooked for my grandsons and their friends. I took them to the neighborhood swimming pool. Actually I walked and they rode their bicycles. I surprised myself by being able to swim nearly the length of the pool. Sorry, I don't know that measurement. As much weight as I have on me and being able to walk to the pool, only two blocks, and then to swim the length of the pool several times, made me feel good but very tired. I had to contend with young children at the same time. By contend, I mean stop them from doing harm to one another.

I really enjoyed being with my grandsons. I would have liked to have had a zapper to zap those attitudes they would get at times. I haven't heard from them since they started school. I earned $75.00 a week when I was there all week. The weeks my X-husband took them to a movie I earned $45.00 a week. Not much money but I wanted to have some time with my grandsons. They taught me to play golf and Bowling on a Wii. I really enjoyed that. I took lots of art supplies and had them paint pictures. I also took ironing one day to catch up on my to do list. One day I made them a new treat called Grand Bars. They were just Graham Crackers with chocolate chip cookie dough on top. They loved the new cookie. They and five of their friends tasted my new recipe for Buckwheat Chocolate Chip Cookies. They all loved the cookies. I'm still trying to perfect this recipe.


A short while ago I was trying to clear my desktop, without much success, and found a small piece of paper that had the following written on it.

God is Light.
Does He move at the speed of light?
If He moves at the speed of light then we can't see him because He is moving to fast for us.

Time slows down at the speed of light.

Human time-----------What speed is our life going? What speed do we humans move at?

Speed of Light----299,792.458 km/s
I looked that up and I think it is about 189 miles per second. I might be off a little but who would notice if they blinked their eye?

Where or at what speed does time stand still?
[I think my son told me that time begins to stand still when you reach the speed of light. If I remember correctly he said that time goes backwards when you go faster than the speed of light.]

The Bible says that God SEES the start and the end, and that he is the Beginning and the Ending.
God sees everything at the same time because time has stopped for him. So he must move faster than the speed of light.

When times stops for us do we come into the same space, time, as God?

Just wondering?

I found an interesting article on the Web concerning some physicists who say they broke the speed of light. I don't know what they mean by broke.

By Nic Fleming, Science Correspondent
Published: 12:01AM BST 16 Aug 2007

Albert Einstein won the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921

Speed of Light 299,792.458 km/s OR 185.789 mi.
OR 185 mi. and 1390.3 yd

A pair of German physicists claim to have broken the speed of light - an achievement that would undermine our entire understanding of space and time.

According to Einstein's special theory of relativity, it would require an infinite amount of energy to propel an object at more than 186,000 miles per second.

Related Articles

*
24 August 2005[Connected]: Could Einstein have got it wrong?
*
7 December 2000[Connected]: Even Einstein was in need of a helping hand

However, Dr Gunter Nimtz and Dr Alfons Stahlhofen, of the University of Koblenz, say they may have breached a key tenet of that theory.

The pair say they have conducted an experiment in which microwave photons - energetic packets of light - travelled "instantaneously" between a pair of prisms that had been moved up to 3ft apart.

Being able to travel faster than the speed of light would lead to a wide variety of bizarre consequences.

For instance, an astronaut moving faster than it would theoretically arrive at a destination before leaving.

The scientists were investigating a phenomenon called quantum tunnelling, which allows sub-atomic particles to break apparently unbreakable laws.

Dr Nimtz told New Scientist magazine: "For the time being, this is the only violation of special relativity that I know of."

No comments:

Post a Comment