Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Reinvention

Just following links a few minutes ago I came across a forum on the Florida Sportsman Website and found this quote.

"I'm confident that Hummer will thrive globally under its new ownership. And for GM, this sale continues to accelerate the reinvention of GM into a leaner, more focused and more cost-competitive automaker," Troy Clarke, president of GM North America, said in a statement.


Mr Clarke is confident Hummer will thrive globally. My first thought when I read this was that the Arabs will be able to buy their favorite set of wheels from the Chinese. Sort of keeping the money within the regime isn't it? I guess I should have used another term. They are not the same regime but they do have the same objective, destruction of the U.S. They'll be able to buy a gas guzzling, non-green, mean machine that costs, for a 2004 H1, between $46,934 - $59,183. The Chinese will pay some poor Chinese man, woman, child a dollar a week to make this monster and then the Chinese government can sell it to the Arabs for $60,000 plus. Not a bad deal for the Chinese government to be able to increase their coffers. It is a bad deal for those poor people who are unfortunate enough to be born into this slavery. It's sort of ironical that GM was run by unions that demanded extremely high wages for their members and now this company will allow slavery wages. Too bad they couldn't have thought about a happy medium before and been able to accept a good wage and not an outrageous wage. Ya, ya, I know that GM is being sold but it's still GM isn't it? GM needs to change their name. Maybe, Giant Mistake would cover it.

What about all the stock holders? I read that GM sought court
protection from its creditors on Monday under Chapter 11 of the U.S. bankruptcy code. So any poor slob that invested in or sold equipment or parts to GM just got stiffed. And to think I used to feel proud that GM existed and it was an American company. I dreamed of having the money to own stock. Guess I was better off not having money to invest. The Bible says pride goes before a fall. My pride in GM has certainly fallen.



"Privately owned Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Company Ltd., based in China, will acquire the GM truck brand."
Aaron Smith, CNNMoney.com staff writer
June 2, 2009: 4:53 PM ET


I can just see a Chinese man, stereotype height 5'2", driving a Hummer H1. Would he be able to see through the steering wheel? I know that Chinese men are not all that short.

My imagination was working overtime and I saw Achmed the Dead Terrorist driving a Hummer going wild saying, "I kill you." Funny thing is when the Chinese finish putting lead in all the Hummer parts it will kill the terrorists. I apologize for my vivid imagination.

Now this is really freaky. I really had no idea that there was a picture of Achmed driving a Hummer. I promise I had no idea. After the previous paragraph I did a search for Achmed and found the Jeff Dunham's Website and there is a picture of Achmed driving a Hummer. I guess I'd be good at advertising or graphic arts. Well, I am good at the later. I designed the banner at the top of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment