Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Declutter Tuesday

Yesterday I was trying to declutter my office closet. I grad things out of it and put things back in a hurry and then soon everything looks cluttered. I had a lot of salsa I had canned last summer and fall that needed to be put in the kitchen. The empty jars of salsa were stored in the closet but not in boxes because of being in a hurry. Yesterday I got everything back in order. At least inside the closet.

Today I want to tackle my office desk. It gets piles of paper on it and I can't keep up with it all. It takes too long to find things. I've tried using an accordion file folder but I fill them up so fast that I don't think this is my solution to the clutter on my desk and in the office.

I heard a radio program on Monday about clutter and I want to find the paper I jotted down the Web site on and maybe get some help with my messy office. This is one of the problems; all those little notes that I make for myself. They end up in a pile too. Lately I'm trying to jot down phone numbers and dates in a day planner. My dining room table is another problem area.

I'm trying to keep the things off my dining room table but that's not easy. When I come home from some event, church, shopping, or whatever has taken me away, the first thing I do it drop everything on the dining room table and go straight to make a pit stop. I wish I had a place at the back door entry to hang my coat, jacket, sweater, and other items. Instead the door is in the kitchen and there is no place to hang anything. It's a real problem. It could be solved by entering the house through the front door. There is a coat closet across from the front door. I don't like to use the front door because the screen door has about five locks on it. It would take about 15 minutes to open them all. There has to be a better way to do this.

I uploaded a Web site I made for a friend of mine. I made it for his law practice. You can see it here. I'm having trouble with the button links on the site. I can't figure out why they don't show up until the mouse is ran over them. Must be something to do with a mouse over setting. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment