Thursday, January 15, 2009

Colder than Siberia

It's colder than Siberia today. Well, not really but in North Dakota it surely is colder than Siberia. Wikipedia says, "the annual average temperature about 0 °C (32 °F) and roughly −15 °C (5 °F) average in January and +20 °C (68 °F) in July."

Yep, I just looked and North Dakota has a temp of -21 degrees right now. I'm not sure which city that is. Tonight will be worse. My son told me that it gets down to -50. Burrrrrr.
Tonight is the meeting at the computer club. Hope I win a prize tonight. I haven't won one yet and I've been a member for years. Oh well.

Monday several new windows were put in my house. I like them because the old ones had mold growing on them because of all the moisture on them. I had to clean them constantly. The old windows had two sets of storm windows on them. The space in between the windows was impossible to clean. It got so dirty that you couldn't see outside very well. That was the first thing I noticed with the new windows was the ability to see outside. The next thing I noticed was how heavy the windows are and the noise reduction. I love the windows except for one small thing. The coating on the glass that keeps the sunshine from entering the house. The sun used to warm up the rooms a bit. I know I will like it in the summer but right now it is in the teens outside and any sunshine is welcome. Also, I don't like the fact that at night I can't see outside the windows. I thought that the windowpanes would not be cold to the touch but they are. The vinyl around the windows is warm. I have seen a very small amount of moisture on the window at the very bottom.

Monday afternoon I went to Lowes to check out the windows and they sell some very nice windows by Pella. I just tried to look at their Website and it is super slow. Someone needs to work on that thing. PLEASE.

No comments:

Post a Comment