Saturday, December 8, 2012

Installing a Heater

My husband is trying to build a frame for a heater to go in to our living room. He is having trouble with reading the instructions from the manufacture's manuel. He has built some really nice cabinets before. On this project he has questions about how to place several studs. Below is a sketch taken from the manufacture's instructions plus some added info. He is not sure if the 2 x 4 stud is to be on it's end or lying down. I'm not sure of the terminology used in construction. My husband speaks more Spanish than English and the person who is trying to help via phone speaks English. I told my husband to learn more English.

The photo below is the frame my husband has completed so far. The photo was taken with my cheap Tracfone Samsung Cell Phone.




Below is the sketch taken from the manufacture's manuel. You can click on the picture to enlarge it.



I plan to send the owner of the shop we are buying the heater from a link to this blog. Why? It's too hard to translate what is in my husband's head from Spanish into English in non-carpentry terms. I guess now I'll have to learn carpentry terms in English and Spanish.

I tried to send a picture from my digital camera of the heater frame to the owner of the shop but my USB port on my computer isn't working today. I tried to send a picture using my cell phone but it's so grainy (i.e. the photo at the top of this post) I don't know if the owner of the shop can see well enough to help us. Don't know what to do???? Pray and wait. It's been four years since we've had a heater in the house. We have been using space heaters and those cost a lot of money. God answered my prayer for the money to put in a heater so I know he'll answer me when I pray for my husband to be able to build this frame correctly.

This is the gas heater we are trying to install.



http://mendotahearth.com/chelsea-fireplace.php


No comments:

Post a Comment